Not that I have anything against gyms, I just don’t like them enough to drag myself there. I’m also not one of those people who can get up at 4 am to fit in a workout like other working parents do. I’ve tried and failed too many times, so I don’t try anymore.
Instead, I manage to squeeze 30 minutes of exercise into each day, using other various free methods.
Over the past week I documented those methods, and here they are for your Hipstamatic vewing pleasure.
1. On Mondays I go to the Gym of Mom and Dad (aka my parents’ house) and use their elliptical machine after work.
2. Though awesomely free, one of the hazards of Mom’s house is her toaster that’s constantly stocked with scones, muffins and pumpkin bread. On Mondays I feel strong enough to avoid them. Later in the week, not so much.
3. More hazards of Mom’s house.
4. And more hazards (this is why I only use the elliptical once a week).
5. On Tuesdays I take a 30 minute walk around my office complex during lunch.
6. I wear my Fitflops, which I carry around in my car at all times. Yes, they do make me work harder for each step. The resistance is similar to walking on sand.
7. On Wednesdays I go straight home, lock myself in our home office, and do a 30 minute walking routine. Leslie Sansone, all the way.
8. On Thursdays I sneak in a quick walk over at the duck park by my office before picking up the kids from school.
9. Watch out for duck poop.
10. In the spring, the swallows live here. Walk fast, or they’ll dive bomb you. The park is an adventurous place. Either that, or my life is pretty boring.
11. I take Fridays off, but on Saturdays and Sundays I usually do more workouts at home. MTV Yoga featuring Lori from Real World 10. I’m not ashamed.
12. Occasionally have to skip one of the above workouts if my day gets too busy. If so, I have my Wii Fit as backup. I do it at night after the kids go to bed.
Now it’s your turn. How do you get your 30 minutes a day?