Since this week at Minting Nickels has unintentionally turned into food week, I thought I’d share how Pinterest has single-handedly changed my cooking life.
When I signed up for Pinterest a few months ago, I never could have imagined which board I’d end up using the most.
Not crafts, not DIY, not pretty interiors, but the one I filled up first was the one I titled Fooood (cleverly, I know). This, from a person who doesn’t like to cook.
Pinterest is the best platform in the history of the Internet for finding recipes, in my opinion.
Some recipes I’ve found by searching for them, others I’ve spotted while scrolling the main boards. I tend to pin the ones that look easy and only have a few ingredients.
Here’s what I’ve made so far, and I have several more waiting in queue.
2. Banana Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Chips – It was my intention to make a batch of these and store them in the freezer as healthy(er) desserts. But then I made the mistake of baking them on a Saturday morning around breakfast time. They were gone within an hour. (PS: I put mine in muffin cups and they stuck to the paper. Maybe skip the paper and use a ton of cooking spray instead?)
3. Tortellini Minestroni – Yum, yum, yum in every way. Even the meat eaters in our family liked it.
4. No Bake Energy Bites – Severely good. Dangerously good. These were gobbled up way too quickly in our household. I probably won’t make them again until I sprout better self control.
5. Banana Carrot Apple Muffins – These muffins are great with Nutella. Another healthy(ish) dessert.
6. Frozen Banana Nutella “Ice Cream” – Speaking of Nutella, this treat looks and feels like ice cream, and tastes like…a banana. This was fun to try, but considering my blender almost broke in the process of making it, it might just be easier to eat a banana dipped in Nutella. It tastes the same.
Do you use Pinterest? Has it changed your life too?
PS: If you want to hook up with me on Pinterest, you can find me here.